Roccatederighi castle and town overlooking the Maremma maritime plains
The village of Roccatederighi is located on a spur with spectacular views over the plains of the Maremma below. It gets its name from the family Tederigi or Tederigoli that ruled here at the beginning of the 1200’s. Towards the end of the century, following a conflict with the Bishop of Volterra and the town of Massa, it became subject to the Republic of Siena. The fortification sits on the highest point of the village and while there remains little of the mediaeval walls, the tower has been restored.